Danielle and I leave for Australia in exactly one week!
I was looking at the weather online and it is incredible that I can see the weather forecast for when we arrive in Sydney in the 10-day forecast! They predict it will be mostly cloudy with a high of 27 degrees Celsius (75 degrees Fahrenheit) and a low of 20 degrees Celsius (65 degrees Fahrenheit). The forecast for the same day in Naperville, Illinois (my hometown) includes scattered snow showers and a high of -6 degrees C (21 degrees F) and a low of -12 degrees C (10 degrees F).
I was just reading "The World Factbook" from cia.gov and came across some interesting facts about Australia that I thought I would share.
-Australia is the world's largest net exporter of coal accounting for 29% of global coal exports
-Percentage of arable land: 6.15% (includes about 27 million hectares of cultivated grassland)
As a present, my mom gave me Bill Bryson's travel book, In a Sunburned Country, and I have found it to be both informative and entertaining. Bryson includes a lot of great anecdotes about his travels and provides a great background on the history of Australia as well. There are so many amazingly diverse places to visit in Australia and I feel so lucky to be able to experience all that I can during my stay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I LOVE Bill Bryson. My friend gave me I'm A Stranger Here Myself when I got back from Egypt - I'll have to lend it to you when you get home!
Hi Liz! I would love for you to lend me I'm a Stranger Here Myself. I hope you have a lot of fun at the museum and hopefully I will see you again before you leave for the Peace Corps!!
Post a Comment